Friday 1 July 2011

A potager in Provence

A potager in Provence by makingamark2
A potager in Provence, a photo by makingamark2 on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
This is Ruth's potager (vegetable garden) at Couguieux with Mont Ventoux in the background. it's a little way from the house and all the water has to be transported by hose and watering can.

This sketch was done in my last full day in Provence. it's not finished - it got too hot to continue where I was sitting. However I like the composition with Mont Ventoux in the background so will probably have another go at creating a drawing of this view.

The good news is that I am typing this while sat at the dining room table. The man from the telephone company came this afternoon and plugged in the new modem and did various testing stuff and pronounced the wifi as working but the connection to Julian's computer to also need replacing. Which means I continue to be limited to posting via Flickr - and one pic at a time. There is a backlog!

I've got the art books and painting stuff packed. Just got the clothes to do but before that I'm going to have a go at finishing the big pastel of Mont Ventoux before packing clothes and concocting a meal from what's left in the fridge.

Last night I had my "treat" meal out at Le Mas des Vignes and the sketch of that will follow in due course.

3 comments:

Bridget Hunter said...

Like this composition very much. Allotments have so much to offer - straight lines against the soft planting. I can't believe you're at the end of your time there.

annie said...

As Bridget says...It's been such a great trip but the days just flew for me. I am holding on to each painting that I see, now, hoping, "Please, send one more-- just one more."
annie

Anita said...

I've always hankered after a potager. Super sketch.