Paul Cézanne (1839-1906)
- People of Provence - Paul Cézanne
- Paul Cézanne was born and died in Aix-en-Provence
- His house and studio in Aix are now a museum
- one of his most famous landscape motifs is Mont Sainte Victoire which is situated a few kilometers east of Aix-en-Provence.
- Cézanne in Provence: A Provençal Chronology of Cézanne - This chronology comes from the website of the 2006 Cezanne exhibition at the National Gallery of art in Washington
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890)
- People of Provence - Vincent van Gogh
The Office de Tourisme in Saint Rémy-de-Provence has a "Circuit Van Gogh": a walking route visiting the sites of 21 of Van Gogh's paintings.
- Van Gogh Museum